Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Wedding Dress

The way I foster closeness with the grand daughters is to provide a costume/princess room where they can be creative and dress up as their imagination warrants. I am always looking for new ways to add to the collection. When I know they are coming it is always fun for them to anticipate a new gown or accessory. A few months ago I picked up an antique 50's Audrey Hepburn 3/4 sleeve Chantilly lace wedding gown at the thrift store. I threw it in the washer and it came out beautifully. When I finally got around to making it over to fit a four or five year old, I noticed the label "Cahill of Beverly Hills". When I googled the name I realized I had a very valuable and sought after gown. There is a whole industry of vintage clothing I knew nothing about. After thinking for awhile I decided the grand daughters were more important than the $$ I could get from selling it on EBay. The following photos show the enjoyment we have gotten from such a find. Three little girls and a good sport boy cousin have modeled and enjoyed the new gown.
Anna was the first to try it.
She wanted her grandpa to be the first to see.
Emma, as usual, was a natural at posing and made a beautiful dark haired bride.
It is fun to see them walk around with the train like a true princess.
Ella is usually fairly reserved but she asked to make a special trip to my house so we could do the costumes together.
She is sweet with her bob haircut. She is enjoying my make-up drawer.

Wyatt got into the act taking the part of the groom.
They are "best" cousins and enjoy playing together. The dress has indeed been worth the $4.00 I paid.

2 comments:

  1. What a great grandma you are!!! Darling pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so wonderful to that the most precious of memories truly can cost a mere $4! Wonderful shots of your lil' beauties! luvs, katrina

    ReplyDelete