Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Decorations










I'm known to go a little overboard with my Christmas decorations. The tree is the main element and I've had a long tradition loading it down with so many ornaments that the tree is not visible. I kind of go into a "decorating zone" right after Thanksgiving. It is a time of remembrance and solitude. As I place each ornament (or string of glass balls) memories flood back. I usually put on Christmas music and conference talks.
David proves his good humor and love for me each year as he pulls down the multitude of boxes from the garage storage and kindly puts on the lights..the part I like the least. Our first Christmas together the tree fell over with a bang so we have since found a way to wire it to the ceiling to avoid such tragedy.
I remember the first Christmas I lived in Midway by myself the ward asked me to be part of a home tour. I had been feeling quite lost and lacking in enthusiasm but the request put me back to the old place of "the zone" and I've had it ever since.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, what a beautiful Christmas! I'm so glad you were in the zone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pictures of your decorations. It always looks great. I think I've swung in the other direction with my tree. It's a bit Charley Brown Christmas scraggly, but I like it. I can get an almost bare tree at my house and a loaded up tree at your house. I have the best of both worlds.

    ReplyDelete